Wednesday 9 January 2008

from Szilvia Opavszki, in Hungary

It was not the book but the thought-provoking competition itself that made me want to come back to Liverpool for a visit. (I am working on it...) 

You know, everybody has tons of memories of the places he or she has ever visited. But these memories are hidden deep inside. Perhaps so deep they will never appear again. And this was the point when your competition shook me up and made me remember my hidden precious pieces of the past. I travelled back and started to re-live those forgotten days in Liverpool. It was the most unique experience I have ever had.



Nowadays when everybody concentrates only on the future, trying to keep pace with the latest technology and new inventions, for me it was the island of peace to recall the good memories of Liverpool in the 1980s.



I cannot tell how happy I was when I got published in Longing! It was a new experience for me that I could share a personal moment with a lot of complete strangers in a foreign country! All my family and friends were very proud of me (let alone my English friends). 

Yes, this competition has given me a fresh impetus to carry on writing some more non-fiction minis. Your competition has led to the start of a completely new 'memory' phase of my writing career.