Wednesday 9 January 2008

from Jeanette Smith


I think that Mersey Minis are great. The size is handy to put in handbag or pocket, to read on train or bus, or to post to a friend. The book reflected the image of the city and the passion of its people. The mix of writing shows there are many stories that encapsulate the heart and soul of the city.

It made me proud to be a Liverpudlian and to be part of Capital of Culture 2008. I learnt a great deal about parts of Liverpool I did now really know, having been brought up in suburbia; it brought back fond memories of the city in past times.

Yes, it was encouraging to see one’s name amongst the ‘celebrity’ writers. Being published in Volume 3 made me feel proud. Although I have been a published journalist for years, being published in a book, even though it was a small piece, gave me a ‘satisfied’ feeling. My friends and family were thrilled, and were very interested in the book and went on to read other stories in it. It has definitely inspired me to write more.