Wednesday 9 January 2008

from Catherine Peters

Love all aspects of the design, especially their illustrations which make them very collectible. The range of texts is part of the appeal of the set. I don’t know anywhere else one could find such diverse voices, linked so comfortably and so intriguingly. Price is attractive too, especially the special offer available for the full set.

The diversity of the collection really opened my eyes as to how other people view Liverpool, both differently and similarly to my own perceptions. It made me remember, challenge, question and revisit my own memories and look forward to looking and feeling something fresh each and every time I come back to visit the city. It certainly made me want to return as much as possible.

I felt really proud to be published for the first time, especially in a book about the place that moulded me. My friends commented that my piece was highly evocative and gave them real insight into the strength of the connection between my childhood in Liverpool and the person I am now. It has also meant a lot to me to be able to give my family in Liverpool copies of the book, both as a souvenir of the 2007 anniversary and as a tribute, especially to my parents, to the city where I was so happy to be brought up.


It has inspired me to keep writing and made me keen to try and have something longer published, perhaps through another competition.